Yearly intake: 80 students
Prospective students enter the national university entry exams and are also examined in harmony and aural tests.
The number of students to be transferred is determined each year.
Contact: Dimitra Kourkoulou
Tel.: 30-26610-87524, Fax: 30-26610-26024
The Ionian University offers accommodation to studentswho fulfill the necessary preconditions according to university accommodation regulations. Students are accommodated at the University Hall of Residence or at hotel premises especially rented for this purpose.
Refectories – Welfare
The Ionian University offers meal vouchers to students who
- belong to the yearly intake (not through the student transfer system), and
- correspond to the income scale set by the Senate.
Students who do not already have social security, are given medical and hospital care for the four years of their studies plus two additional years as provided by law PD 327/83.
Contact Student Care Services
Loans – Stipends
Student loans are granted according to law PD 360/83 and scholarships by the State Scholarship Foundation (SSF, IKY) on the basis of academic performance.
All students receive a student card for reduced fares in travelling.
State Scholarship Foundation
5 scholarships (1,467 euros each) and 6 prizes (300 euros each) are awarded every year. These are awarded according to the entry marks of the studnetsand the average marks of the preceding academic year.
The Panayotis and Efi Micheli Scholarship
Every year, one graduate of our Department receives a scholarship of 10,000 euros to carry our postgraduate studies abroad in the field of “Aesthetics of Music”.
Every year the University Scholarship is awarded to the student who graduates with the highest mark.
The University Cinema Club has weekly shows with free entrance. There is also a University Drama Group.
Students have the opportunity to use the facilities of the University Gym. Athletes and University teams participate in national and international student sport events with remarkable success. Specialized coaches are responsible for their training.
The Department’s graduates can be employed as
- musicians and conductors of orchestras, choirs, ensembles
- teachers of music training in high schools and music high schools
- teachers in Conservatories and Music Schools
- experts in cultural organizations, theaters, sound and visual studios, music publishing houses, museums, musical instruments workshops
- experts in radio broadcast stations
- music theorists and music critics in the private and public sector and in the local government organizations.
The Student Union “G.A. Papaioannou” was established in 1993 and all students of the department constitute its members.
The Ionian University Department of Music Studies Alumni Society “Marios D. Mavroidis” was established in 2000.