NOSTOS Initiative’s ambition is to constitute a pioneering pilot action in the higher music education domain, so as to make it a prominent place of cultivation of the relationships between Greek expatriates and Metropolitan Greece.
With university music studies in Greece as a main “vehicle” and, more specifically, studies at the Department of Music Studies of Ionian University, we create the conditions to attract young talented Greeks from the Greek communities all around the world, in order for them to come and study in their homeland.
We also take action so as to bring Greek expatriates who are excelling in academic research and artistic activity in music, in touch with the Department of Music Studies of Ionian University. Through this collaboration we aim to develop fruitful conditions for the further development of research and artistic programmes.
Indicative actions, which are going to be executed within NOSTOS Initiative, include:
- A campaign in order to inform the Greek expatriate communities but also individual young Greek expatriates who might be interested in studying at the Department of Music Studies of Ionian University.
- Personal counselling support and assistance in all possible ways to the interested young Greek expatriates.
- Drafting dissertations and research proposals for the improvement of the existing legal framework which deals with the admission of expatriates in Greek academic institutions and more specifically in the Music Studies University Departments.
- Invitations to Greek expatriates who are excelling in academic research and artistic activity in music, to come to the Department of Music Studies of Ionian University and conduct seminars, lectures or/and concerts, as well as invitations for collaborative research and artistic programmes.
- A series of incentives to the expatriates who are interested in participate in the Summer Music Academy Programme of the Department of Music Studies of Ionian University.
Associate Professor, Department of Music Studies, Ionian University