|Field:|| Classic Guitar |
|Rank:|| Under Academic Scholarship [NSRF] |
|Telephone:||+30 2661087530 |
|Email:|| firstname.lastname@example.org |
Academic Scholars program is co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF)
Field: Classical Guitar
- Classical guitar, Main Artistic Field for the Major in Music Performance I
- Classical guitar, Elective Instrument
- Transcription for guitar
- Chamber music
- Greek composers’ repertoire for guitar
- Instrumental pedagogy
- Musical performance seminar
Studies / Education
- 2015 PhD, Ionian University Music Department, ‘The guitar in the early 19th-century musical world: issues of technique and interpretation relating to opera-based works for solo guitar composed by Mauro Giuliani and Fernando Sor’.
- 2002 Masters degree, Music Academy of Basel (class O. Ghiglia), ‘Solisten Diplom’ for Classical Guitar (Onassis Foundation Scholarship).
- 2000 First degree, Music Academy of Cologne (class H. Kaeppel), ‘Künstlerische Instrumentalausbildung’ for guitar (Greek Scholarships Foundation Scholarship).
- 1994 Guitar diploma, New Conseravtory of Thessaloniki.
Research / Artistic Work
- 2021, Book: Tradutori traditori, The guitar in the early 19th-century musical world: issues of technique and interpretation relating to opera-based works for solo guitar composed by Mauro Giuliani and Fernando Sor (under issue).
- 2021, Article: ‘Maurice Ravel, Five Greek traditional songs’ (newspaper ‘Εστία’ 31/3/21).
- 2021, Article: ‘Guitar Transcriptions: Their role regarding the wider music education of the guitarists and the development of their technique by means of the related performing practices’ (collective issue, Δίσιγμα).
- 2021, Transcriptions for guitar and voice of works related to Shakespeare’s heroines (under issue).
- Organization of cultural activities: 2012-2021, International guitar festival Arion, Molyvos, Lesbos. / 2015, 2016, 2007, 2008, Papaioannou festival, Kavala. / 2012, E.M.M.A. soundtrack, Onassis Stegi. / 2009, 2010, E.M.M.A. festival, Kavala.
- Recordings: 2021, Solo guitar works by F. Sor. / 2008, Laceworks, solo guitar works (64millimetres). / 2021, 2015, 2005, 2004 Recordings for the Greek National Radio and Television. / 2020, ‘Dionysos and Epitaphios’, M. Theodorakis, Greek National Opera. / 2020, ‘Lady under the moonlight’, G. Sisilianos, Greek National Opera-Ionian University. / 2012, Soundtrack by Tr.Jones, movie ‘Labyrinth’. / 2012, recording for the cd of R. Georgiadou Flute Dimensions.
- 1994-2021, Concerts (solo and chamber music), lectures and seminars in France, Italy, Germany, G. Britain, Austria, Belgium, Poland, Turkey, U.S.A., Libya, Greece.
- Guitar concerts with orchestras such as : Athens and Thessaloniki State Orchestras, Radio and Television Greek National Orchestra, Kamerata orchestra of Megaron, Orchestras of Debrecen, Malaga and Sofia.
Research / Artistic Interests
Guitar interpreter and teacher, Korina Vougiouka is mainly focused on the connection between the guitar and the wider musical being. Her phd dissertation, her writings, the concerts she presents, her cooperations with other artists and the educational methods she uses are all faithful to this idea.
Teaching at the Music Department of the Ionian University during the academic years: 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21.