11th Sonic Arts Summer Academy & Festival [10-15 July 2018]
Lab of Electroacoustic Music-Department of Music Studies-Ionian University
Official Website: https://music.ionio.gr/sonicarts/en/
The Festival is co-organised with the Region of the Ionian Islands.
The 11th SONIC ARTS SUMMER ACADEMY & FESTIVAL consists of the following intensive daily workshops:
1. Electroacoustic Music Composition
- Creative Recording (Sound Field Recording, Ambisonics). (Dimitris Savva).
- Editing and Mixing Techniques in electroacoustic music.
- Electroacoustic Multi Channel Composition (up to 8 channels).
- Implementations of Ambisonics spatialization Methodologies in Electroacoustic Composition.
The participants will compose a short piece to be presented at the final concert.
Principal instructor of Composition: Cort Lippe (University of Buffalo).
Team: Andreas Mniestris, Theodoros Lotis, Apostolos Loufopoulos, Dimitris Savva (Ionian University).
2. Programming in Max
- Short introduction.
- Advanced techniques for composition and improvisation (live electronics).
Participants should create patches to be used in composition and live electronics.
Principal instructor of Programming: Peter Batchelor (MTI-De Montfort University).
3. Main Project
Participants will be working with a team of instructors in order to implement, both aesthetically and technically, a project that combines soundscapes from Corfu and other European cities with live electronics, interactive techniques and dance.
The project will be presented at an open space area in the old town of Corfu.
Instructors: Theodoros Lotis (coordination), Maximos Kaliakatsos, Dimitris Savva, Philppos Theoharides, Konstantinos Tsioutas, Fanis Maragkos.